POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to read povray help? : How to read povray help? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  How to read povray help?
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 23 Sep 1998 06:33:29
Message: <3608c069.0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have a good idea how can I read the documentation of the new
povray 3.1? I haven't used the new features at all because I don't know
how to use them and what's the syntax. Why? Because I can't read the
documentation.
  The documentation is a huge text file which is impossible to read. I have
no editor which can read that large text files (in DOS), and searching about
a subject is a real pain. The text is also so unclearly formatted that
reading it is also a pain.
  Povteam is no longer supporting the povhelp program, which was absolutely
great and easy-to-use. I don't have win95 (and I don't have enough money or
resources to install it).
  What should I do? I would like to use the new features, but I'm unable to.
Printing the godzilla-sized documentation is not an option. DOS-povraying
under windows 3.1 isn't neither (although I think the winhelp version should
be the best choice in my case; but what I want is online help, not "I hope
I remember the syntax right"-help).
  Someone wrote an article saying he is making a new povhelp with the
new documentation, but I have heard nothing about that anymore.

  Help!

--
                                                           - Warp. -